Profile

Hi, I'm Jia Zhe. This is my blog where I post little snippets of my life, fanfiction and orginal works. I've also recently taken to writing a lot about Kung Fu Panda and its characters. Enjoy. But only if you really want to.


Links

An Hua
Clarence
Ruth
Quadrivial Quandary
Poetry Daily
The Online Citizen
Yawning Bread
Singapore Notes



Shout!



Archives

January 2007
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012


12:09, Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Birth and Death

At first there was something, and then, just silence
where left and right and up and down are indiscernible.
Beyond that a nameless darkness void of depth and dimension;
a monolithic, perpetual sisterworld to the one I know,
like some illucid dream.
I have finished a long journey, moving towards the brink of existence,
but let me rest my raw feet
for there will be another, still.
I’ll take a closer look;
the life I’ve yet to live:
Across the narrow fringe, through a shrinking corridor of light,
a vast sea of hoary mist.
What is this foreboding? There is nothing, just
a beat, slow and steady
as an inverted pendulum in its celestial metronome scribing the universe
slower and slower yet.
I can feel it now, the pulse; rhythmic,
tethering a soul to a body.
And I know that it is time.
Make a list. Construct a soliloquy. Chant a litany.
No one will hear. Not quite yet.
Some part of me fears, quavers in expectance.
A crest of intention, a roar of purpose;
a single breath taken in; heaving in, heaving out.

A single breath taken in; heaving in, heaving out,
a crest of intention, a roar of purpose.
Some part of me fears, quavers in expectance.
No one will hear. Not quite yet.
Make a list. Construct a soliloquy. Chant a litany.
And I know that it is time
tethering a soul to a body.
I can feel it now, the pulse; rhythmic,
slower and slower yet,
as an inverted pendulum in its celestial metronome scribing the universe,
a beat, slow and steady.
What is this foreboding? There is nothing, just
a vast sea of hoary mist
across the narrow fringe. Through a shrinking corridor of light,
the life I’ve yet to live.
I’ll take a closer look
for there will be another, still,
but let me rest my raw feet.
I have finished a long journey, moving towards the brink of existence
like some illucid dream.
A monolithic, perpetual sisterworld to the one I know,
beyond that a nameless darkness void of depth and dimension
where left and right and up and down are indiscernible.
At first there was something, and then, just silence.

*

I know that I just wrote a palindromic poem, but it was just so fun that I had to do it again! Especially one on this topic.




Web layout by JinxieJinx©. Fonts by dafont.com and 1001freefonts.com. Stock image by Maria Li @ stock.xchng. Snow script by Rainbow Arch Scripts. No redistribution allowed. Copyright © 2009 by Jinxie's Layouts. All rights reserved.