On writing long fictions (i.e. more literary stuff only I care about, and possibly you for reading this far):
I disfavour writing drawn-out, continuous stories entirely. I did complete NaNoWriMo last year, but with an excess of just one word. Ideas for long fics always sound plausible and fantastic in your head, but when it gets down to actually churning out that 3,000 word chapter, it feels so unnecessarily cumbersome. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy writing as much as the next person (...wait. Let me try that again), but it becomes increasingly difficult to get abstract or profound or poetic in every paragraph when there're almost sixty paragraphs comprising one chapter. There's a certain standard I bind myself to when writing every sentence, so if any in particular look overly simplistic or grossly minimalistic, I can't bring myself to let it stand.
True, there's a difference between simple language and simplistic writing, but honestly my style in general tends to lean towards the latter, which is something I absolutely can't bear (when I start writing a piece that reads just like a Secondary One student's narrative I want to cry). And yes, I may have been accused once or twice of using purple prose but I just can't help myself sometimes.
I guess that's 'author' off my quickly-expanding list of vocations I'm probably never going to touch; readers of the world can breathe easy now.